Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Barry Cipra!

I attended the Math Lecture this afternoon by Barry Cipral.  He was a very interessting man.  Firstly I thought it was neat he used the overhead projector, with hand written notes.  It showed his personalilty.  He also told us a new word Herbetate, which means to make dull or obtuse, and he warns not to do that.  The main topics of his lecture I thought was his game "Tag Deal"  which was a game were you start with all the coins in one cup, and eventually they will all end up in the same cup.  The next thing he spent quite a bit of time on was "Gray Code Quilts" this was so cool how it worked out! and made such awesome designs when the pattern was repeated.  He also talked about a Bijective proof, and I thought that was cool since we had just been talking about that.  Over all it was a great lecture, and I'm glad that I went.  Plus we got treats before that were delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment